Agha Noman Interview with Prof Barkat Ali Hyderi


           Interview with Prof Barkat Ali Hyderi
          By Agha Noman-MMC-03-2k17 (MA Prev)

Prof Brakat Ali Hyderi is well-known Chairman of Mirpurkhas board (BISE) and was born in 1st January 1955 in village of Thari  Mirwah, District Khairpur. He did his matriculation from Government primary school of the Sobodero and intermediate from Kali Mori Hyderabad. Later on he completed his Graduation and Masters from University of Sindh Jamshoro.


Q) How you started your career and how you reached here?     
 Ans: My professional life has always been wonderful with flying colors. I started my career as a lecturer in zoology at Govt. College Tando Muhammad. Later, I was promoted as Assistant professor and posted Govt. City College Hyderabad. After another promotion in (BPS-19) I was posted as a principal of Govt. College Tando jam due to my arduous efforts for the cause of education. I remained in different positions as Additional Director of colleges Hyderabad, Karachi and Director Private Institutions. Currently I’m serving as a Chairman of BISE Mirpurkhas.
Q) Being a Chairman of BISE, What steps have you taken from betterment of Board?
Ans: When I got the charge, I felt the negative image of board among the people specially students. I realized basic factors behind the deplorable state of board and then started working for that. I bought efficiency and meritocracy. Here I must appreciate the role of secretary, controller and the entire team of the board and also thanks to media who worked hard for regulating my motives.
Q)  How quickly you make decisions in exams?
Ans: During the time of examinations, I use to response quickly on complaints about ill-practices (copying/cheating) by students. However in general my decisions are primarily based on nature of the issue.
Q)  What do you say about education system in the sense of copy culture?
Ans: Three factors are behind the copy culture those are Parents, Education, Institutions and Examination system. Parents mostly support their children for copying during examinations as our team members caught several cases of these kinds. Mostly private institutions work under interest based motive and they never try to develop the approach of students which would help them only for initial exams but for the competitive examination as well. As a result, student focuses for copy. Admitting the fact trend of the examination system had been poor but now at the examination level, I along with my arduous team have strengthen the system and have provided outstanding results based on merit.
 Q) What kind of steps you take during time of exams?
Ans: I have constituted a quick response “Vigilance team” for examinations. These team members including me, visits several exams centers. More ever on assessment purpose, the Board selected subjects experts to ensure meritocracy.
Q) What do you say about the corruption in education?
Ans: Sadly, corruption is deeply rooted in all sectors of Pakistan but this menace has highly affected the education system. It is because of this, education suffers meanwhile Government is committed to check this menace as far as our board is concerned, we have taken concrete steps to ensure transparency and meritocracy in the examination.
Q) How do you see the system of education and what would be your advice?
Ans: Pakistan has different education systems and this difference creates inequalities among the new generations. Cambridge system follows advance fascinating features in their syllabus. The primary-secondary system must be revised with attractive syllabus aimed at developing interest among the students in their studies.
Q) How much funds does your board get in every year?
Ans: Education Boards are autonomous bodies. Our Board generates its revenues from enrollment and examination fee from students. The Board has its own budget mechanism. The revenue generated and spent on board officials salaries on the examination purposes.  
 Q) Tell any incident which is remarkable for you?
Ans: When I hired for Chairman of Board (BISE) that moment was really remarkable for me because it’s time for me to face the challenges which are really critical for education system.
Q) What is your advice for young generation?
Ans: Our students are fascinating and they have creative mind to make their future bright and make their parents happy for their achievement. My advice would be to make yourself strong and creative and make your achievements real and worthy.
    


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yousuf Laghari Profile by Nimra

Aqeel Ahmed Soomro

TWO OLD GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS OF HYDERABAD CITY